CategoriesDepartment of Martial Arts
We offer unique classes in Tae Kwon Do that are exciting, graceful and offer a combination of both modern and traditional martial arts methods. Now is a great time for you and your child to learn martial arts!
The word Tae kwon do itself is made up of three Chinese/Korean words: Tae, meaning to kick or jump; Kwon, meaning fist or hand; and Do, which means “the way.” Loosely (if not literally), it can be thought of as “The Way of the Hand and Foot.”
Course Level: Beginner, Duration: 3 Months
Mental Objective – Gain an understanding of oriental culture associated with the Martial Arts.
Physical Objective – Trained to improve physical condition and begin learning the art of Tae Kwon Do. You will learn basic self-defence techniques.
- Developing fitness
- Developing fitness and strength in body
- Developing stamina
- Types of Techniques
- Attack: learning and practicing different types of kicks
- Fighting techniques: feet movement, hitting with power using feet
- Crouch, Foot technique, Extension, Roundhouse kick and block
- Kicking techniques: Front Kick (Ap Chagi), Front thrust kick (Ap ki pun chagi), Side kick (Yap Chagi), Hook Kick (Horye cahgi), Axe Kick (Naero Chagi), Crescent Kick (badal Chagi), Round house/Running Kick (Op-dollyo chagi), Back Kick (Tui chagi), Reverse kick (Tui tol yoh chagi), Spin kick (bande dullo chagi)
- Defence: Upper body defence, Middle body defence, lower body defence, low block, middle block, outward middle block, high block
- Learning rules, scoring and terminology of the sport
- Knowledge of arena, play area
- Knowledge of scoring hits
- Knowledge of penalties, negative marking
- Knowledge of weight categories
- Participating in city level competitions
- Appearing for one color belt examination
Student will be assessed on daily basis and will be trained to appear for next level of color belt examination.
During this 3 months training, a student can achieve following level based on Tae kwon do course Grading System. These are issued by the Tae kwon do Federation of India.
White Belt – This belt is issued at the time of joining
Yellow Belt – One Month after White Belt
Green Belt – One Month after Yellow Belt
Green One Belt – One Month after Green Belt
- Participation in at least one city level or district level championship every month
- Master class by expert Tae kwon do players invited to give classes
If you are interested in Intermediate or Advance courses in Tae Kwon Do then contact us for information on:
- Course Objective
- Course Outline
- Class Time and Scheduling
- Materials List